Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WWN


No precious quotes from Eleanor Mae today. We did our usual thing: hang out, dance class, Noodles, pick up the sissies, and so on. I took that pic on the way to lunch. The fact that I took only one and didn't look at it before turning off my camera makes me a failure as a photographer. If you know why this pic means I'm a failure as a father, that's not funny.
This afternoon, while we were waiting to go pickup Maggie and Grace, Nora and I watched the replay of last night's American Idol. In case you missed it, Neil Diamond was the featured artist. I think my dad had the soundtrack to the Jazz Singer, and I knew that 'coming to America' song. Several years ago, I became more familiar with his stuff through a box set that my ex-wife owned (I think I still have it....score one for me!!). I don't go all out for Neil Diamond, but Sweet Caroline, Forever in Blue Jeans, and September Morn are some of my favorites. Little Miss Nora, after watching one hour of AI including 10 performance of Neil Diamons songs, has become an expert. She knew all the songs, that they were by Neil Diamond, and who sang them on the show. We cranked up the iPod in the car on the way to get the sissies, and I turned on some Diamond. Forever in Blue Jeans was first, and she picked it up right off the bat, and told me that it was Jason Castro's first song last night. It took her longer to get the second one, but when I told her it was Brooke's second song, she knew it was I Am, I Said. What can I say, she's a fountain of useless knowledge, and I have no idea where she gets it.
Here's a little feel good music.....

1 comment:

janie said...

You and Shirley Martin with your love for Neil Diamond. I just don't understand you people...