Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Wrap

I'm starting to cheer for this guy. As much as I hate to say it, Kyle Busch is exciting.....big sunglasses and all. He won the race on Saturday, led a few laps on Sunday, but didn't really have anything for the 99.
I think the incestuous storylines found in NASCAR attract me the most. For instance, Kyle Busch replaced JJ Yeley in the 18 at Joe Gibbs Racing. Yeley never ran really well in the 18 car. It only took Busch 4 races to win in Yeley's old car. This weekend, Yeley's current sponsor, DLP, sponsored Busch's car in the Nationwaide Series. Busch won in that race as well. If you're scoring at home, and you're probably not, Busch has won with Yeley's old car and his current sponsor. That can't do too much for his self esteem.


Finally, the Cubs won yesterday because I didn't DVR the game. That makes them perfect for the year in games I haven't recorded, and a big 0-fer in games I have recorded. I'm taking Kevin's suggestion and will be keeping track of which games they lose with respect to whether I recorded the game or not. This morning, I flipped a coin, got heads, and set the DVR. We'll see what happens.

Other than that, not much going on this weekend. The girls were with their mom, so I just hung out and enjoyed the nice spring weather.

No comments: