Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This is why I go....



I think the sun did indeed rise today because it is light outside. I found this little snippet on the YouTube today. It's the only real highlight from yesterday's opening day defeat. It's the chance of being a part of something like this that keeps me coming back. I remember being at Wrigley on a Sunday night in 2001 when the Yankees were in town. Cubs lefty Mike remlinger struck out Jason Giambi with the go-ahead run on base for the second game in a row. I was in Milwaukee in 2003 with a partisan Cubs crowd to see Sammy Sosa hit the first or second pitch he saw off the scoreboard in centerfield. Finally, I had the great pleasure of being in St. Louis with my dad and brother to see the Bears Devin Hester return 2 kickoffs for touchdowns in the same game. Anyway, that's why I go.

The weather in Chicago is pretty crummy right now, and tickets are priced right. I've got a 1:20 appointment Friday afternoon at the corner of Clark and Addison.

No comments: