Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's not you, it's me. (updated)

CUBS WIN!! CUBS WIN!! So, today is the first day that I didn't set the DVR to record the game...and the Cubs won 6-3. Grace is currently wearing her Easter dress, jumping up and down on the couch, and singing Go Cubs, Go! There's a line in the song that says "Chicago Cubs have the greatest fans" to which Grace agreeingly replied "Yes, they do."
So, I don't watch and the Cubs win. If this it what it's going to take, I'll think about the obliging. The hopes of the City of Broad Shoulders are on my shoulders. We'll see how it goes.

UPDATE: The Cubs have played twice since this was originally posted. On Friday, I set the DVR, actually went to the game, and the Cubs lost 5-4. Today, I did not set the DVR. watched the game with friends, and the Men in Blue came from behind to win 9-7.

Here are a couple of pics from the game. Not bad for the oldest park in the NL.


The Miller Lite billboard on the other side of Sheffield is updated each time a new opponent comes into town...you know, to make the visitors feel at home. Here's their offering for the Houston Astros. Evidently, I was there for an Astros game last year as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So here's what we do. We spend the 2008 season keeping track of:

1. Games you DVR
2. Wins/Loss percentage

At the end of the season we look at the results, compare the overlap. I'm going to be the control group, since I never DVR the games anyway.

If this turns out to have merit, we might have to just remove your DVR completely and set you up with an old school VCR.