Wednesday, April 23, 2008

10,000

The kids are in bed, lunches packed, clothes laid out, and I've got nothing left to do but go to bed. The Cubs are losing, so it shouldn't be much longer before I can turn in. I popped over to the couch to catch the final outs.....and the Cubs hit a 2-run homer to go ahead in the 9th. Kerry Wood's been lights out, and he came in to close out the game. Wouldn't you know, he blew the save. It only went one more inning before the Cubs won in ten. It's the 10,000th win in their history. I took that pic on Monday night after the Cubs beat the Mets. It's from the corner of Waveland and Sheffield. With the 'W' flag atop the scoreboard and the stadium lights in the background, I don't think it turned out too bad.

Now I can go to bed....wait a minute, the Rock of Love reunion show just came on. It looks like it's going to be a long night.

No comments: