Monday, July 21, 2008

My Big Girl is at Camp!!!

All of this weekend's running around was to get Maggie all set for camp. She's at Camp Tecumseh in Brookston, IN, near Lafayette. They have a Photos Page for each week where they add photos all the time. I've been checking today and finally found one of Maggie with her cabin. She looks pretty happy. I don't know what I expected her to look like, but it could've gone either way. For all I know, letting her hold the sign was the only way to get her in the photo. Her sisters, who spent last night with me, are surviving without her. Grace learned last night that she will doing Maggie's chores while she is gone. She can't wait until she and Maggie go to camp next summer and Nora has to do all the chores by herself. Nora is hoping Maggie doesn't have so much fun that she forgets about her sisters at home. She is also worried that Maggie will put a hole in her hand during riflery clinic.

Camp is pretty special to her mom and me. We both spent 2 summers at YMCA Camp Lakewood in Potosi, MO, where we were camp counselors and saw many of the benefits a child can get from a week at camp.

1 comment:

IfJarrodHadABlog said...

Yeah, like makin' purple