Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesdays With Nora - My Login Still Works Edition


I took a little break for the rest of July, all of August, and the first half of September. Anyone who knows the demanding schedule I undertake knows I needed the time off. To answer the most received question, Maggie has indeed returned from camp. She had a great time and can't wait go go back with Grace next year. She had an ear infection from being in the lake 3 times/day, but is otherwise no worse for wear. What else?

Maggie and Grace are in their 3rd year at Calvary Christian School and still doing well. Nora missed the kindergarten cutoff by 15 days, so she's having another go at Pre-K. I'm really disappointed that we couldn't get her in kindergarten this year. Being the baby sister, this would've been her 3rd time through all of this material. She can write her name and spell it in sign language. Today, we were adding 2 and 3 to single digit numbers, and she was getting all of them right. She's got skills of a first grader and the attitude of a teen-ager. She's as sassy as ever.

The Cubs are going back to the playoffs. I made it out to a few more games and have a secret weapon for the post-season. The last 2 games I went to, I ended up needing to use the restroom in the 7th inning. Wrigley is ok for number 1, but you'd rather wait for home if you need to do more. I did not have that luxury and had to bite the bullet 2 games in a row. As luck would have it, I visited the restroom in the top of the 7th, and the Cubs homered in the bottom of the 7th each time. That, combined with Zambrano's no-hitter, the dramatic comebacks, and I must say this is out year.

Nora's dance teacher is still around. I don't have the high hopes that I once did, but keeping my hopes in check makes her more fun to hang out with, if that makes sense. We made it to the Bears game on Sunday to see the home team blow a 10-point lead with less than 3 minutes to go. My record at Bears home games is less than stellar. I am 1-0 on the road, though. Dancin' girl and I have some other stuff tentatively planned, but I've got some other lines in the water. The good side to this is that if nothing gets going with anyone and I just focus on my children, church, and work, that's not the end of the world either.

Finally, I lost my digital camera a couple of months ago. I just got around to getting a new one. I got a nice deal on EBay, and I like it alot. It's a 7.2MP, about double what my old one was. The picture above was taken today with the new camera. Look at the detail on those chicken strips!!!! ...and Nora brushed her own hair today. For whatever reason, I can't post anything without having a picture, mine or someone else's, to go along with it. Look for a little more out of this blog in the near future. I'll probably get hot for a few weeks, then take another month off. I'm hit or miss like that.

3 comments:

Mim said...

Woo Hoo ... he's back!!! It was good to hear from you again. But I'd much rather focus on the sparkle in Nora's pretty eyes than the detail in the chicken strips. ;)

-B said...

Are those the new Original Recipe Strips? Those are awesome. I don't even use dipping sauce.

Jamie said...

Andrew you daughters are beautiful! They look so much like you.