Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Rock the vote! Don't rock the vote, baby!


Today is Super Tuesday, and I did my patriotic duty. Is it really duty if you get a do-over in November? Anyway, I got up early to get to the polling place in time to vote and get to work, because I'm just that dedicated. I was there right at 6 and was the 3rd person in line. I thought no big deal. 5 people can vote at once, and this will take no time at all. The longest part of the whole deal was finding and signing my ticket. The guy who was looking for the ticket probably was around to vote for Lincoln. He was cheered on by four other 'judges' who were as old if not older than he. By this point, there were eight people in line behind me. I know they can only have one ticket for each voter, but they're divided into three books. Surely someone whose name was in a different part of the alphabet could've been helped while they were looking for mine.
A few months ago, I saw some information about serving as an election judge. I'm glad I didn't pursue it any further as there's no way I can handle this kinda stuff. I get frustrated when people take forever and don't work efficiently. I'm nothing if I'm not a model of efficiency.
I took a "Non-Partisan" ticket and did my voting. Little did I know that I'd only be voting against a $.005 sales tax for something, and for a bond issue to rehab the high schools.
There, I've done it. I've fulfilled my duty for another few months.

1 comment:

Shane said...

They didn't have separate lines for different last name initials? They did that in Auburn and it was great for us Ys. It was like u-z and everyone would be stuck in the S lines and we would just cruise on in.