Sunday, February 3, 2008

Jared Lorenzen: UK Wildcat, Super Bowl Champion!

A big hearty congratulations to Jared Lorenzen and the rest of the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants. What is it about QB's from the Bluegrass and the Giants? First Phil Simms, then Mike Cherry, now J-Lo.

I wasn't so much ready to see history being made as I was ready to see the '72 Dolphins shut their traps. I guess they finally got to pop the tops on those bottles of champagne. My favorite part of the game wasn't Burress' game winning catch, or even Eli's scramble to keep the final drive alive. It was Bill Belichick's failed attempt to get his team off the field with 2 seconds on the clock. All season long, he's made other teams watch in defeat while he's run up the score in the name of fine-tuning their offense. Tonight, he got a little taste of his own medicine; and it's obvious, he didn't like it.

I didn't make it to any SB parties. I did my time at the Y, then headed to a friend's to catch the last 8 minutes of the game. There was no huge buffet spread, no open cabinet of beverages to choose from; just football on the big screen. Afterwards, I heaed home to rest up for another big Monday at North America's Railroad. I found this note from another company, and it motivated me. Take a read, I'm sure you'll feel the same way.


1 comment:

Andy Crouch said...

Love the FedEx letter - one of our owners still hasn't come in today, and no one seems to know where he is.