Saturday, February 2, 2008

More Snow




The videos below were shot on the evening of 1/29. 1/30 was fairly non-eventful, then it happened. Around 4 PM on 1/31, it started snowing. Picture a gentle, but steady, rain. That's what we were getting. It snowed off and on, much more off than on, all night long. I woke up at 5 on 2/1, looked out the window, and it was still snowing. It didn't stop until around 9. The snow clearing folks were out in force and left me with this and this.
Working from home turned out to be a good way to start the weekend. I picked up the girls around noon, took them to lunch, and we took the aboove picture on the church parking lot on the way home.
I tried a new recipe on Friday while I was home. It's for Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Stew. One of the raters of the recipe suggested using salsa instead of tomatoes. I tried that, and it worked pretty well. I don't know what kind of corn I got, but I'm going to look for something less sweet next time. I was unsuccessful at interesting the girls in the stew, but that just meant more for me. Of course, I've included a picture of my creation. There's a link to the recipe in the description. As a side note, a friend of mine bought me a box of crock pot liners. I love them!!!
Finally, Maggie and I have been working on a poster for an oral report she's doing on Mae C Jemison. She was supposed to get pictures from the internet, and her teacer said she could type in her information, print it, and put it on the poster. Of course, I helped a little, but I taught Maggie how to do some of the formatting, and she did quite a bit of it herself. I hadn't heard of Dr. Jemison, but I feel somewhat more well rounded for now knowing who she is. If you know who she is, kudos. If not, take a moment and educate yourself.

1 comment:

Lori Shay said...

Crock Pot liners totally rock. Can't live without them once you've scraped crusted queso off the sides of the pot a time or two. We have a recipe for a taco chili that looks pretty similar. It has ground beef (we use ground turkey) instead of the chicken, though. We make it all the time.

That pic of the girls is great!!!