Friday, August 24, 2007

A Day of Beauty



Tuesday, after the dentist, I took Maggie and Gracy for their back-to-school haircuts. It was my first time at the particular salon, but the girls had been there before. They knew what to expect and love getting their hair washed.

They're both trying to grow their hair out. We were going for nice long layers with no bangs. Sounds like a nice plan, huh? I only had to have mama repeat it 3 times before I felt confident enough to relay it to the stylist. Maggie's hair is naturally curly. She doesn't like to do too much to it in the morning. She'll wash it, brush it, then call it complete. An hour later, it looks like a rat's nest. That day, she asked the stylist to dry and straighten it.
Grace, on the other hand, wanted her straight hair to be a little curly. She got her wish. I don't know if the stylist was going for a Farrah Fawcett look, but it was definitely cute when she finished.
It's a full service salon, and they took good care of the girls. We all got suckers when we left. I tried to talk Maggie into coming back with me for a pedicure, but she was having none of my tomfoolery.

2 comments:

Andy Crouch said...

No pictures of you getting your hair styled? Oh, wait - you titled the post "A Day of Beauty", didn't you? My fault, carrion. Oh, and ask Farah if she's available for dating yet, she's a cutie!

Rachel said...

How fun! I bet the girls had such a good time with Daddy there watching.