Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bear Down!!!



The Bears have a pre-season game at home tonight. It' sonly pre-season; but evidently, the starters are supposed to play into the 3rd quarter. They're supposed to be practicing making half-time adjustments. I wasn't aware that you needed to practice such things; but if I were, I might be making Brian Urlacher money instead of working for the railroad.


I've got a buddy who just took a job with the AAR in DC. Being a longtime Chicago resident and Bears season ticket holder, he didn't want to give up his tickets. I formed a consortium with another person in my office, and we purchased his tickets at face value. They're still in his name, but we get to go to all the games. I'm getting to go to 4 games for face value, which is a pretty good deal in the current market. They're end zone seats, but the stadium is new and all the sight lines are pretty good. It will be a great time if the Bears do as well this year as they did last year.


Baseball is still in full swing, the Cubs are still in the race, but I'm getting excited about the NFL season starting. Seeing this gets me pumped up.

1 comment:

Shane said...

A friend of mine has end zone seats at Auburn. As long as you can see the Jumbo Tron I like sitting at the end. It is much better than upper deck.