Thursday, November 22, 2007

Breakfast with Friends


I'm in Mayfield for Thanksgiving. I came into Carbondale on Amtrak last night, and dad brought me the rest of the way to Mayfield. As has been my personal Thanksgiving tradition for about 3 years now, I went to the Dinner Bell for breakfast. They've got a $4.95 buffet that opens at 7 AM. Byron and I rode together and met Andy, Lori, and Clay for breakfast. It wasn't anything out of this world, but it's always nice to see friends, bat the breeze, and eat some deep fried bacon. We were there for a little over an hour, eating, swapping stories, and just catching up. The line of the morning came from Lori's husband, Clay, who is a chef by trade. He was sitting where he could see the door to the kitchen and at one point commented "It's not every day you see someone walk in the kitchen with a lit cigarette." ...or something like that.
I'm back at dad's now, have completed my railroad work for the day, and am ready to rest up for Thanksgiving lunch at my cousin's at noon. Byron said he wanted to see a picture from breakfast, so here it is. Happy Thanksgiving!!!






2 comments:

Rachel said...

Apparently Clay has never been to The Keg.
Looks good! Wish I could have joined. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

janie said...

So that's the notorious deep-fried bacon. Looks suspiciously like its pan-fried counterpart :) Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving...I hope I can see y'all during Christmas.