Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Old Kentucky Home


From what I understand, the sun just might be shining a little brighter in "My Old Kentucky Home". The Big Blue has a new headmaster, and he goes by Coach Cal. I haven't been the biggest follower of the Cats since my relocation out of the sunny south. Believe it or not, they don't show all the UK games up here like they do back home. People are more concerned with Illinois, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and the rest of the Big 10. I'm on vacation this week and got to see quite a bit of the press conference as it was being aired live. I'm actually getting a little excited, and this season isn't even over. The guys on ESPN speculated about which recruits might come with Coach Cal and suggested the Cats could even be a pre-season top 5 time. Then they showed the stats of Calipari's first seasons with his new teams. With Memphis, the Nets, and UMass, his first years have all been worse than the previous guy's last year. So, maybe we should get ready for a 15-loss season next year. Anyway, I knew it was a special day when the cart pusher at Sam's Club, who was wearing a UK t-shirt, and I had to have a talk about the big news. Yep, it's gonna be a fun year. Here's a little youtube clip (1988?) to help it all sink in. You may listen sitting down, or stand if you want to be respectful.


1 comment:

International Mikey said...

the people are gay.........?