Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dude's Day

There's really not much I can add to this picture that you can't already figure out for yourself. Jarrod's wife and lone daughter were off visiting friends Saturday, so he and I had Dude's Day with his boys. The original plan was for me to come down on Friday Night, but Nora crashing her face into the sidewalk on Friday altered my plans. I drove to Peoria Saturday morning, and got Dude's Day started with a flash. I met another good friend for breakfast (3 eggs, hash browns, bacon, biscuits&gravy and toast. I even finished her breakfast....there's no shame in my game. I stopped at Hooters (aka The Hoot or Hoo Hoo's), and picked up some refreshments for the big day. I had a craving for chicken wings, and I didn't figure we'd be able to take the boys. However, when I got there, I learned that Peoria Hooters must be a family friendly place or something. 2 out of 3 tables had at least one kid under the age of ten. Who knew? Got the wings, and headed to the Stocks. Nobody answered the phone when I called. I figured they were out back playing. I walked around back and found no one. I rang the doorbell, heard little footsteps, then saw Michael's eyes peering through the window. Moments later, Jarrod, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, answered the door. We sampled the wings to make sure they were ok, did some catching up, and watched the rest of the race. At suppertime, we had Dude's Supper, complete with Dude Napkins (paper towels). There was some question over whether the wings would be for supper or to eat while watching basketball that night. Upon hearing there were 50 wings, we decided we could do both. Long story short, there weren't any wings left after supper. Who knew Michael could eat so many? We didn't take a picture of the bone plate, but you can see Andrew having Dude's Dessert (rice krispie treat). The girls came home, the boys went to bed, and Mama went shopping before hanging out for the end of the last game. She even got to hear the "Do It for Jarrod" story. Always good times!!! The wild party broke up around 10:30.

Dude's day was a success, and the next time we have it, there will be t-shirts with a slogan and everything.

No comments: