Thursday, March 5, 2009

Everybody Needs a Thing


I can't run....never have been able to. I can climb steps. I'm not particularly fast at it, but I enjoy getting to the top, looking out at our fair city and thinking "I got to the top of this (insert your own term) all by myself!!" I've done climbs for the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation, Children's Hospital of Chicago, and another for the American Heart Association....or some other kind of health-conscious group. Those climbs were anywhere from 83 to 103 floors....start at the bottom, finish at the top, boring climbs. This Sunday at 10:00, I'm taking on a new challenge.


The American Lung Association is sponsoring the inaugural Climb Chicago. Rather than climb the steps at one really tall building, we'll be climbing all 4 of the 45-floor Presidential Towers buildings in Chicago. From what I understand, only 700 people have signed up. Evidently, the perceived difficulty of the climbs has kept some people away. I won't be the fastest climber, and there's a very good chance I could be the slowest.....I mean the one who enjoys the stairwells the longest. Anyway, it's what I can do to help out a cause....it's my thing.


Oh, and I have to raise $35 more dollars by Sunday....if you've got a couple of extra bucks, it'd be cool if you could make a donation. Here's a link.

No comments: