Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bromance is in the air...

Midnights are going just swell. So swell in fact, that even on my off days, I sleep like I'm still working midnights. The plan tonight was to get to the gym in time for the UK game at 6 PM. I didn't make it. In fact, I was off the phone and getting ready to go at 10:15 when I decided to check my facebook account. 3 hours and some good chatting later, I was finally out the door. I had a nice little workout. I came home to make some eggs and watch my TV shows (DWTS, How I Met Your Mother, and This Week in NASCAR), but I stopped to check my Facebook again. Next thing you know, I'm on Youtube watching videos. I'm going to post this and be done. I found these guys while looking for a performance of Rawhide one night. They're fairly talented and seem to have a good time playing. I may be developing somewhat of a man crush on their talents. They've got some other good stuff with obscure instruments.....and, check this out, I had no idea there were so many videos of people playing the ukulele on Youtube. It's amazing...I want to learn to play after I accomplish all my other goals in life. I should be able to start learning sometime next week.





Oh heck, here's another one. I could totally see myself playing at a nursing home. I'm not sure that's where this is, but could be....



3 comments:

Andy Crouch said...

This is easily the best post you've ever made. Loved "Ruby", and then "Peaceful, Easy Feeling" held me captive. Awesome. And you are correct, there are a TON of ukulele vids on YouTube...I think it's becoming popular because it's easier to play than a guitar, since it only has four strings.

Andy Crouch said...

I have no idea who Andy Test is, but it's a cool name. Kinda like Johnny Quest.

Andy Crouch said...

Arrgghh...OK, you know what - forget it. I AM Andy Test!