Friday, May 9, 2008

George Update: He's Going to Have to Stretch


This is a picture from the first time George broke the record.....2007 I think. He does this for a few minutes before he takes a nap and gets back on the bike.
Yesterday, I was on my way to work at the Field House, and I got a call from Nora. She asked me where I was going, and I said the Field House. She asked me why I wasn't going to watch the man ride the bike. They're really into this thing.
I picked them up from school, and was already planning to go see George when they asked if we could go see him. We were headed in the front door when the director stopped me and said she had some news. I thought she was going to tell me something happened and he had to get off the bike. Instead, she told me that they had talked to the Guinness, the records, not the beer, folks and found out the record had just been broken. Someone had set the new record at 175 hours. Instead of breaking the record tomorrow morning, George will probably have to ride until around 1 AM on Monday morning. We went on in to see how things were going, and he was on the bike, pedaling like a champ. The whole thing is pretty amazing, and I think I might have a little man-crush.
In other happenings, I took the clan to Wal-Mart to buy our goodies for the weekend. I swear, for as sweet as they can be, sometimes I want to strangle that older one. The little one can't keep her mouth closed for more than 5 seconds at a time, and the one in the middle can join either one and be just as much trouble.
UPDATE: Nora is in front of the TV cheering on Tony Stewart in the Nationwide race. I'm hearing cheers of "You can do it" and "You're the best!"

No comments: