Sunday, May 11, 2008

Decent Weekend

It was a decent sports weekend. Joe Gibbs Racing swept both races this weekend with Tony Stewart, I guess we still like him, and Kyle Busch wining on Friday and Saturday respectively. I really like what they've got going over there. Moving to Toyota worked out for them. They say a rising tide lifts all vessels. That must be true as even the CAT car finished in the top 10!! If you hadn't figured it out, that's an M&M dressed as Indiana Jones on the hood of the car. One of their neater paint schemes since M&M's did a Pirates of the Caribbean car.

The Cubs seem to be pulling out of their little slump with a sweep of the D-Backs. They trailed on Saturday and Sunday and came back to win both games. Sweet Lou pushed all the right buttons on Sunday bringing in Darryle Ward who hit a go-ahead double. I think it was the pink bat for Mother's Day that did it.


George finished his bike ride this morning. I'd stopped in there every night to see him ride, so I figured I'd show up for the record breaking portion as well. There was a good crowd on hand, and it was quite the festive atmosphere. I left right after the record was broken and headed to work. I was here by 6:45 and am so far ahead of where I am on a regular day it's pathetic. I should get here at a decent time more often. I'll check into that.
The weather is beautiful today; it's cool and sunny. I've got nothing going on tonight, the girls' play at school tomorrow, a hot date for lunch on Wednesday, and going to the Cubs game on Friday. Life feels pretty good right now.









No comments: