Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Girls?


OK, 19 days without a post: that's not terrible, I guess. I lost my camera several weeks ago, so the inspiration I used to photograph in everyday life wasn't captured and subsequently wasn't written about....or something like that. I found my camera this week, got some fresh batteries in it, and pulled this picture out. It's got to be a couple of years old. I don't know why it has such a yellow cast, but it's got to be one of my favorites.

It's got to be a concern of any single parent, especially the non-custodial one, that his children will lose some of the identity that he has provided. I see my girls at least once a week and they spend every other weekend with me. This was my weekend with them. Back to that identity thing. Tonight, I was putting them to bed when my identity came shining through. They were trickling out of the bathroom after brushing their teeth, and we were all lying on the bed listening to the 'Sleepy Girls' mix on my iPod. I don't know if we were having a family hug or what, but Grace felt the need to let one go (fart, break wind, or cut the cheese). I've believed for a long time now that butt gas is always funny. I know these are my kids because when Grace farted, the room went up for grabs. Nora's laugh is so infectious. She laughs so hard and so loud; there's no job stress or financial worries in anything she does. I can't help but smile when she belly laughs like she did tonight.
Anyway, those are my kids; and I love them dearly.

No comments: